After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Sticky Chicken

We eat LOTS of chicken in our family. My husband prefers red meat I think but really he just REALLY loves meat :) Tonight I decided to try another recipe from the school cookbook. See, if you haven't got one you need too get one, there's LOTS of YUMMY recipes. This recipe came from one my really good friends, Susan Bingham who always seems to have great recipes. I LOVED this dinner but because I'm still trying to lose weight I only had a small portion. I REALLY wanted more but I had to resist. My kids and Steve both asked for seconds which is a good sign. This will definitely be something I make again, DELICIOUS!

1 c. catalina salad dressing (I used the fat free kind)
1 c. brown sugar
1 pkg. Lipton Onion soup mix (I used the store brand)
6-8 chicken breasts (I used 8)
flourPreheat oven to 325 F. Combine salad dressing, sugar and soup in a bowl. If chicken breasts are thick, cut in half lengthwise. Dip chicken in flour and brown in skillet. Put chicken in a 9x13 dish that has been lined with foil. Pour dressing mixture over chicken, cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Serve sauce from chicken over rice. This recipe was about 2265 calories altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment