After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pumkin Pie Crunch

Tonight I had every intentions of making a new recipe but I didn't have one of the ingredients so I just made fajitas instead, super easy. Earlier I had been trying to clean the fridge out because tomorrow I'm going to the store and I needed more space. I had some pumpkin that I had used to make a dessert last week so I thought I would just make some pumpkin cookies but then I found some evaporated milk so I didn't want to waste that. My friend Leanna told me about a cookbook her Mom and friends had put together so I bought one from her. It's a pretty big cookbook so I knew there would be something in there. I found this dessert which was perfect :) I knew I loved desserts like this so I was excited. The only bad thing about making this dessert was that it made a bunch and after eating WAY too much this past weekend I wasn't going to have any. Plus it's a hard one to share with neighbours. I did take some over to my neighbour though and let them just dish some out. I did end up having a little though because Hadley didn't want any, it was YUMMY!
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 yellow cake mix
1 c. melted butter (I used margarine)
Whipped topping

Mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish/pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Evenly drizzle melted butter/margarine over dry cake mix. Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. (The recipe I used called for 1 c. of pecans which you add 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time but I didn't think my kids would like those so I didn't add them). Coll completely and serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Recipe from "Patchwork of friends quilt club, cookbook 2010"

No comments:

Post a Comment