After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Banana/Strawberry/White Chocolate Chip Bread

One of my favourite desserts is banana bread. The other day I came across this recipe so I had to try it because it looked so DELICIOUS :) The recipe called for raspberries but I didn't have any so I used strawberries instead, I think you could really use a variety of berries and it would taste great.
(This picture was taken a while after I made this bread so the strawberries were a little soggy)
1 c. flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
2/3 c. white sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c. vanilla yogurt
1/4 c. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. fresh raspberries (I used strawberries which I cut into small pieces)
3/4 c. white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray (I used 3 mini loaf pans). In a bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, mix the eggs, bananas, vanilla yogurt, oil, and vanilla until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until well blended. Fold in white chocolate chips then add most of the raspberries (I used strawberries) and fold them gently into the mixture as well. Pour the batter into the loaf pan then push the remaining raspberries (strawberries) into the top of the loaf. Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes (It only took 45 minutes for the mini loaves) or until a tester comes out of the center clean. Let the bread cool and ENJOY :)

I think next time I make this recipe I will try another kind of berry and maybe not use the brown flour. I really like brown flour but I think my husband prefers just the white. I maybe even just use this idea with my usual banana bread recipe too and see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment