After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Banana Bread

So I REALLY LOVE banana bread, it's one of my favourite desserts, probably because I love bread in general. I have a recipe that I use all the time and it tastes pretty good and all the guys at Steve's office seem to love it. The last couple of times I've made it I have added a little cinnamon in there but Steve wasn't a fan, I was though. I tried a new recipe the other day, this one called for chocolate chips on the top which my kids thought was GREAT! I think they loved it just because of that. Steve thought it was ok but still preferred the other one I made. Today I thought I would try another recipe, this one is from the school cookbook and is of my friends recipe's. I made 4 small loaves and one bigger loaf. I added cinnamon to the bigger loaf and I added chocolate chips to the top of 2 of the small loaves and half of the big one. Crazy I know but I wanted to see what we liked best.
1 c. butter (once again I used margarine because I'm cheap)
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. lemon juice
4 eggs
2 c. mashed bananas (approx. 3)
1 c. sour cream
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. nuts, optional (I didn't add these. I love nuts but Steve isn't a fan)
*I added about 1 tsp. cinnamon to about 1/3 of the mixture

Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, eggs, bananas and sour cream. Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and nuts. Pour into 3 separate greased loaf pans (I used 4 mini loaf pans and 1 bigger pan). Bake at 350F for 35-55 minutes, depending on loaf size. *Recipe provided by Angie Tamayo*

This bread is SUPER moist and REALLY delicious, I think I might have found a new banana bread recipe, YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. Zoe, I am so glad you liked this recipe! It is one of our favorites. The recipe means a lot to me. It was my grandma's recipe and she has since passed away. Sometimes I will add cinamon chips from the Prepared Pantry into my recipe. Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete