After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Monster Cookies

Today I was in the mood to make cookies so I decided to make one of my old faithful recipes that I used to make ALL the time. These cookies are my daughters favourite cookies so I knew she would be excited when she got home. As soon as she walked through the door after school she said she could smell cookies, then she ate about 10 of them and wanted more. She's so mini but can eat TONS, I wish I could do that ;) This recipe came from a cookbook my ward put together a few years back, it was submitted by Heather Carter (thanks Heather, we LOVE this recipe). I used to use a medium size scoop to make these cookies but today used my new small one and I think it was better. I was able to make 7 dozen cookies with this recipe so I had plenty to take to neighbours which we always like to do :)1 c. light brown sugar
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
1/2 c. margarine
1/2 T. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c peanut butter
1 c. mini M&M's
1 c. mini semi sweet chocolate chips
4 1/2 c. quick oats

Cream together brown sugar, sugar, eggs and margarine. Add corn syrup, vanilla, baking soda, salt and mix well. Add peanut butter (I use the measure all cup for this which I think is GREAT) and mix well again. Stir in M&M's, chocolate chips and quick oats. Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes (cook time is 4-5 minutes longer when you use the medium scoop).

You could use ANY kind of chocolate chips you have for this recipe. Maybe these will become one of your family favourites too, ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment