After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Italian Chicken & Potatoes

Yesterday when I went to the store I forgot my shopping list which was not good. I managed to remember most things but forgot a couple of things so I wasn't able to make one of the dinners I had been planning. So, I decided I was time to try and make my own dish up and it was GREAT :) What I came up with was basically the same a recipe my family LOVE but I put my own twist to it. The other recipe uses the crock put and just chicken but I didn't want to use the crock pot and I wanted to use up some of the potatoes we had. I think it turned out really well, well apart from the fact it overflowed all over my oven, whoops ;) Anyway I think this will become a family staple, now I just can't wait for Steve to get home so he can try it too, I think he's going to LOVE it, YUMMY!!!3 chicken breasts cut into strips
1 lb. butter gold potatoes, cubed (you could use any kind of potatoes, these are what I had)
1 (8 oz.) box cream cheese (I used neufchatel cheese because it's less fat)
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. milk
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing

Preheat oven to 375F. Put chicken and potatoes in a 9x13 dish chicken and potatoes. Combine all other ingredients and mix until combined well. Pour soup mixture over chicken and potatoes. Cover dish with foil and bake for around 1 1/2 hours. I had the oven set at 400F which made the soup mixture bubble too much and go everywhere. I took the foil off for the last 10 minutes but you don't really need to do that. I mainly did that so it would stop bubbling everywhere, hahaha! I served this with TONS of vegetables which I LOVE, enjoy :)

This recipe had about 1715 calories in it the way I made it which isn't too bad I don't think. It was 286 calories for 1 serving (when you divide it by 6).

No comments:

Post a Comment