After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

I've been meaning to make this meal for the past couple of weeks and tonight I finally got round to it. It was super easy to make which is always good. I was just a little frazzled while making it because Steve wasn't home, Austin was awake and not too happy because he had missed a nap, my other kids were all over the place and Maddie was meant to be home so she could go to volleyball but she was off with her friend cleaning out window wells for money ;) Luckily I have a WONDERFUL neighbour who went to find Maddie for me, thanks :) Anyway this meal turned out good, I wish it had been a little more cheesier, our family LOVE cheese! The good thing about this though was that it wasn't as grainy as other alfredo sauces I've made in the past. I think the next time I try and make an alfredo sauce I will just try adding more cheese to this recipe. This recipe was from the school cookbook again, it was submitted by Judy Ritter.
3/4 lb. fettuccine noodles
1/4 c. butter
2/3 c. heavy cream
2/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
2 c. cooked chicken, cubed (I just grilled chicken breasts and sliced them)
salt and pepper to taste
ground nutmeg (I didn't use this)

When pasta is almost done cooking, melt butter in a saucepan. Add cream and 1/3 c. of the parmesan cheese. Simmer over very low heat for 4-5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken. The recipe said to put the pasta in a dish, place chicken and desired vegetables on top and then pour alfredo sauce over everything. Then it says to sprinkle with remaining cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Instead I just mixed the alfredo sauce with the pasta and served it that way. Then I put the chicken and vegetables on the side. We had broccoli and corn as our vegetables, I always have LOTS of veggies and not as much of the main dish. I figured out the calories for the noodles and sauce, for the whole dish it was 2200 (then divide it by however much you have).

No comments:

Post a Comment