After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Counting Calories!

Since around the beginning of October I have REALLY been watching what I have been eating and have been exercising 5-6 times a week. I had LOTS of lovely baby weight to lose and at first it came off pretty easily which was wonderful. My friend put 2 biggest loser competitions together which helped me TONS, I actually ended up winning both of them which I didn't think I would but it was fun. Anyway during the 2nd competition I kind of hit a rut which I had done a couple of times but this time it didn't ever go away. I talked about it on facebook which resulted in my cousin telling my about this cool website called loseit.com which I now LOVE!!! It's a website that counts your calories. I had been eating pretty well but I was eating too much of the good things, especially nuts. Since then I've been losing weight again, well until last week when I kind of went NUTS and ate SOOO much JUNK food it was unreal! It was the end of the 2nd biggest loser, then my friends birthday (I made these s'mores bars that were SOOO good, I think I ate about 10 pieces), cheese cake for my sister in laws birthday, goodies I made, English chocolate I had saved, then my nephews Tongan luncheon for his baptism and then the left over yummy pudding salad my sister in law makes, it was NOT GOOD!!! I gained about 7lbs in 1 weeks, how sad! Thankfully this week I'm back on track and have got back down to where I was, phew :)

Anyway enough of my woffling (I tend to go on and on and on, hahaha). The reason I actually wrote this post was because I wanted to say that I have been figuring out the calories to a lot of the things I have been making. I get as close as I can so when I do this I will add it to the recipes in case anyone is interested :) I don't think you should live your life eating just salad and not enjoying food. For example last night we went to Panda Express for dinner and I knew I wanted to eat their because I LOVE their food. I made sure I figured out what I was going to eat there so I would know how many calories I could eat the rest of the day. I think counting calories is a lot like using weight watchers points. Also on that website you can add when you exercise and it will give you more calories to eat, much like weight watchers as well. The website I use has LOTS of different restaurants and different brands of food so you can easily find out the calories. I also search on the internet if I can't find it on there and then I can make my own meal up and add it on loseit, it's GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment