After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beef Noodle Bowl

As I mentioned before I LOVE cookbooks/blogs etc... Well these past few months we put together a cookbook for our kids Elementary school. I have a similar cookbook that my ward put together a few years ago and I use it all the time. The other night I went through our new Discovery Elementary cookbook and wrote down LOTS of recipes I wanted to try. Tonight I made my first recipe out of the school cookbook and it was YUMMY! Our family love pasta and vegetables and my husband LOVES meat so this was a perfect meal for us. This was a really fast meal to make and super easy, I will for sure be making this again :)

8 oz. linguine, uncooked
3 c. broccoli florets
3 med. carrots, peeled and sliced
2 tsp. veg oil
1 lb. beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1/2 onion, cut up
1/4 c. zesty Italian dressing
1/4 c. teriyaki sauce
1 tsp. ground ginger

Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli and carrots for the last 2 minutes of the pasta cooking time. Drain mixture. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Add meat and onions, cooking until meat is browned on all sides. Stir in dressing, teriyaki sauce and ginger, cooking until sauce thickens. Toss pasta into the meat mixture and serve.

*You could use any vegetables you like and as much or as little meat as you want. I think next time I will change the meat to chicken (which would be WAY cheaper), pork or you could use whatever meat you like.

This recipe was submitted by Shari Bruce. If you're interested in getting a cookbook they're only $15 and are available at the school, it's full of DELICIOUS recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I think I will try this recipe tomorrow night, I can use lots of my veggies from Bountiful Baskets! I love seeing pictures of recipes before I make them. I am excited you are doing this, I have thought about doing a cooking blog in the past, but never did.

    ReplyDelete