After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And So it begins!

Even though it came at a bad time when I'm trying to lose baby weight, I have found a new love and it's cooking/baking, sadly more baking, hahaha! These past few months I have been trying new recipes almost every day and have been loving every second of it. I have always wanted to be a great cook and I feel like I'm learning more every day and getting better with every recipe I try. My new found love began when I stumbled on a recipe blog called The Girl Who Ate Everything and I got so excited and wanted to try everything! I told my husband about it and I was sooo excited, I think he thought I was crazy :) I made a HUGE list of all the things I wanted to make and haven't looked back since. Since then I have come across sooo many blogs that I LOVE and I am trying new recipes ALL the time. I have added lots of my favourite blogs on the side so if you ever feel stuck for something to make check those blogs out.

Until my skills get better I just wanted to find a home where I could post my favourite recipes that I have made and we have loved. It's so fun to make something and have your kids say that they love it and want you to make it again. I'm loving that I can make something and add my own little twist or know what I could do to make it better for my family the next time I try it. Anyway thank you all you AMAZING cooking ladies (and men I'm sure, hahaha) out there who have inspired me. I think my husband thanks you all too, well apart from all the desserts, I know my neighbour loves that though :)

For now I will start posting things I make but I will also post some things from the past and add pictures when I make them again. I'm ALL about pictures, that was always something that put me off recipes, when they didn't have a picture to go along with them. I like to see what the food looks like so I could see if looked good. I will link to any website/blog that I use so I can give credit to those that actually came up with these yummy recipes. Maybe some day I'll be able to add a bunch of my own recipes but for now THANK YOU to those that put your recipes out there for me to try, I'm LOVING IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment