After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Southwest Crockpot Burritos

This recipe is from our school cookbook and because I've been loving Mexican food lately I wanted to try this one. I was a little disappointed only because in my mind I thought it was going to be this fantastic recipe. It was still really good but I think it needed something a little extra. I did like the refried beans with it though, that was yummy :)
2 lbs. boneless chuck roast
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. beef bouillon granules
1 med. onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 1/2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
8 large tortillas
Refried beans
Shredded cheese

Place roast, pepper, garlic, beef bouillon, onion, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, salt and water into a crockpot. Cook on low for 8-9 hours until tender. Remove meat and shred, then place in a bowl. Combine meat with 1 c. of cooking juices. Spread tortillas with cooked refried beans, add beef and sprinkle with cheese. You could really serve this however you like so enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment