After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lime Chicken Tacos

Here's another recipe from one of my new cookbooks. I really do LOVE all my new cookbooks, plus they all have pictures which is WONDERFUL. I think I got 6-7 of them and have only really looked through 3 properly. Then the other day I saw another good sale on cookbooks so of course I couldn't pass it up so I ended up buying 4 more cookbooks, I'm terrible, hahaha! Anyway I thought this recipe looked yummy and super easy, plus it's made in a crock pot which is great for me on days when I'm out and about all day. My only issue with cooking chicken in a crock pot is that the chicken always seems to have a funny texture so if you have any good suggestions on how to stop this please let me know :)1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 T. chili powder
3 T. lime juice
1 c. frozen corn
1 c. chunky salsa
Flour tortillas (6-inch)

Place chicken in crock pot. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and let cool for a few minutes. Shred chicken and return to crock pot. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas and any topping you like. We used sour cream, lettuce, cheese and tomato's. Using the 6-inch tortillas is great for my kids because they're the perfect size :)

No comments:

Post a Comment