After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chinese Pork Ribs

Here's another recipe I made especially for my meat loving husband. It's also a crock pot meal (from one of my new cookbooks) and was SUPER which always makes it even better :) I didn't end up being able to share these goodies with my family because I went to a RS BBQ. I did try a little bit when I got home though and they were really yummy. My kids told me they thought they were really good which is always an added bonus. I REALLY do LOVE crock pot meals, especially on a day like today when I wasn't at home all day.
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. orange marmalade
3 T. ketchup
2 garlic cloves, minced
3-4 lbs. country style pork ribs

In a bowl combine the soy sauce, marmalade, ketchup and garlic. Pour half into the bottom of the crock pot. Place ribs over sauce and then poor the remaining sauce over the ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until tender and ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment