After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Monster Cupcakes

My daughter turned 8 in April and she wanted to have a monster themed party. Due to family craziness we opted for an easy party going bowling but we still tried to make it monster themed as much as we could. I made monster feet for the kids to wear and I made these cute monster cupcakes. To make them even more fun I used a recipe for rainbow cupcakes that I found here. I love this blog, I've used TONS of her recipes but all before I started this blog so one day I will blog more about them and try and get pictures when I try them again. These cupcakes were a HUGE hit and were sooo easy to put together. I think the rainbow cupcake idea is FANTASTIC and it can be used for any design you want to use.
1 white cake mix
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. vegetable oil
Food colouring

Mix ingredients together for about 30 seconds. Scrape around the sides of the bowl and then beat on med-high speed for 3 minutes. Divide batter into small bowls (the amount of bowls you need depends on how many colours you choose to use, I used 5). Add desired food coloring to each bowl of batter. Once you have all your batter ready spoon around 1 T. of the first colour into each of your cupcake papers. The batter is thick so to spread it out I used this great tip that I got from here again. You get a little bowl of water and each time you need to spread out the batter you dip your finger in the water and then gently spread the batter out. After you have done the first colour of batter, repeat this step with each colour you have chosen. Bake according to packaged cake directions or until toothpick comes out clean. This recipe makes around 15-16 cupcakes. These cupcakes are nice and moist to which is always nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment