After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cream Filled Cupcakes

These cupcakes were great because there was NO frosting needed. Not that I don't like frosting, I'm just really picky about it. I'm not the biggest fan of store bought frosting so I don't really eat cake all that often. This recipe was pretty easy, the only problem I had was that the filling kind of went to the bottom of the paper so they weren't that easy to get out. That didn't stop any of us from enjoying them though. My husbands co-workers all really likes these too. After I make goodies I normally send the left overs to work with my husband, they love it :)
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. chocolate chips
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese (at room temp.)
1 egg
dash of salt

Mix cake mixture as directed on the package. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Blend sugar, cream cheese, egg and salt together. Add chocolate chips to cream cheese mixture. Drop by teaspoonful into center of each cupcake (batter). Bake at 350F for 20 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). Remember no need for frosting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment