After been married for 10 years and having 5 kids, I finally decided I needed to become a better cook. I was sick of making the same old thing all the time and being afraid to try new recipes. I'm still not a pro but I'm getting better every day. My goal is to be able to make my own recipes up and just be able to throw things together and it taste good. For now I'm just finding YUMMY recipes through blogs and recipe books and I thought making a blog with all my favourites would be fun. So, ENJOY!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Deep-dish Taco Squares

Here's another recipe from one of my new cookbooks. I LOVED this recipe and so did most of my family. Only one of my kids wasn't a fan but I think that was because of the sour cream, she's not really a sour cream fan. Anyway this was super easy to put together and REALLY yummy.
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onion
2 T. taco seasoning mix
1 c. bisquick mix
1/4 c. cold water
1/2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 med. tomato, chopped
1 (4.5 oz.) can chopped green chiles

Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Over med-high heat cook ground beef and onions until thoroughly cooked. Drain and then stir taco seasoning into beef mixture until blended. In a med. bowl stir bisquick and water together until it forms a soft dough. Put dough mixture into the square dish and pat down so it's evenly spread and about 1/2 inch up the sides. In a med. bowl mix sour cream, mayonnaise and cheese until blended. Layer beef mixture, tomato and chiles over dough. Spoon sour cream mixture over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges of dough are light golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment